Hoppa till innehållet

Applying to The Game Assembly

If you are considering applying to The Game Assembly as an international applicant, please be aware that all our Yh programs are taught in Swedish. If this is not a concern for you, then you have definitely come to the right place! On this page, we will provide information to assist you with the application process.

Eligibility & Requirements

Higher Vocational Education eligibility 

To fulfill the entry requirements for HVE, you must have the prior knowledge equivalent to upper-secondary education. Please attach the records of your qualifications from upper secondary school/high school or equivalent.

If you have graduated from a university, you can submit your university documents instead. If you have started but haven’t finished a university, you can still choose and submit your official university admission document together with the transcript of grades. The documents from high school and/or university must include a diploma together with the transcript of your grades.

  • If you are unsure if your upper secondary school meets the requirements of a Swedish high school diploma, visit the Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR) and use their Qualifications Assessment Tool where you may confirm equivalency.  If your country or school is not included, you may submit your diploma to UHR for an evaluation, please note that this may take up to 6 months.

Specific prerequisite requirements 

Many of our programs have specific prerequisite courses that required prior to admission. Make sure that your education documents reflect the prerequisite courses of the program that you are applying to. 

All courses listed are according to the Swedish system. Use UHR to verify your own education. 


    • Mathematics 3
    • Programming 1



    • Mathematics 2



    • Mathematics 2


    Read more on each education page.

Document requirements

All documents must be submitted in Swedish or English. School diplomas and transcripts of grades in another langugage than English or Swedish must have a certified translation in Swedish. To contact a certified translator, please use translator services at Kammarkollegiet.  

If your name/surname has changed since the last time you studied, please send us a document that proves it. 

Proof of Language

Proof of Swedish: 

If your first language is other than Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Icelandic or Faroese, you must have the necessary knowledge of the Swedish language. All our Yh-programs are taught in Swedish, therefore, we need to make sure that you will be able to follow the classes and communicate with your classmates.  

There are several ways how you can prove your Swedish: 

  • TISUS Exam: Passing results on a TISUS exam
  • Preparatory Course: Passing results in a preparatory course in Swedish from a Swedish college or university. 
  • Swedex exam: Passing results on a Swedex exam to the C1-level. 
  • Native Swedish Speaker: Swedish as a native language. If your native language is Swedish, it should be clear from your submitted documentation.  
  • Employment Certificate for Swedish Proficiency: Have you worked at a Swedish-speaking workplace for at least a year? Then send an employer’s certificate in your application and we will check if we can validate it as being sufficient. 

Proof of English: 

You should also include proof of your English skills in your application to us.

There are several ways how you can prove your English: 

  • English Language Proficiency Test: We accept several English language tests, and you must achieve the following scores: IELTS Academic (6.5), TOEFL (87-109), and the Cambridge test (C1 Advanced (CAE)).
  • University English Courses: If you have previously completed English courses at a university, please provide your university diploma and your academic transcript. We will assess whether these courses fulfill our requirements.
  • English-Speaking School Background: If you have attended an English-speaking school, please submit a document verifying your attendance.
  • Native English Speaker: If English is your native language, this should be evident from the documents you submit.
  • Employment Certificate for English Proficiency: Have you worked in an English-speaking workplace for at least one year? If so, include an employer's certificate with your application, and we will assess whether it meets our requirements.

Residence Permit & Visa

Residence Permit

It is the student's own responsibility to ensure their eligibility for a Swedish residence permit during their studies and to meet all migration requirements.

EU/EEA citizens do not need to apply for a residence permit or visa. You can find more information for EU/EEA citizens here.

The Game Assembly's educations are classified as "Higher Vocation Educations." Therefore, non-EU citizens should apply for a residence permit under the "Higher Education" category via this link:

> Residence permit for studies in higher education at the Swedish Migration Agency.

Residence Permit Duration

A residence permit for studies in higher education is valid for one year. Ensure to apply for a residence permit extension before your existing one expires. Find detailed information and apply here.

Carefully review the residence permit application requirements.

Residence Permit Card

The Swedish Migration Agency issues a residence permit card once your residence permit is approved. You can enter Sweden upon receiving the residence permit card. Learn more about the residence permit card here.

Important Note:
The Swedish Migration Agency states that the residence permit process can take up to 4-5 months. Hence, we recommend that all successful applicants begin their residence permit application process as soon as they receive their final admission letter from the school.


International students from specific countries may also require a valid visa for the duration of their studies. If you're unsure about your visa requirements, please visit this link: List of foreign citizens who require a visa for entry into Sweden. You can apply for a visa at your local Swedish embassy, which is typically where your residence permit card will be sent as well.